The following statement caught my eye in this morning’s Timaru Herald: “plague on the Earth”. It was uttered by the documentary maker/environmentalist Sir David Attenborough, 86, in his latest rant about the world’s flora and fauna being endangered by man’s over population of the earth. He says “either we limit our population growth or nature will do it for us.” He cites famines as nature’s source of population control. Of course we should expect no less from the patron of the Optimum Population Trust, an organisation (England’s leading charity, apparently) setup to help in the fight against so called climate change. Yes, you guessed it; in amongst the fray there is the modern father of climate change/global warming whatever, Dr. James Lovelock and friend of that nutcase on the British throne, HRH Prince Philip and his equally nutty son HRH Prince Charles who are on record stating more-or-less the same rhetoric as Attenbourgh. It is not the first time such inflammatory and idiotic statements have been issued by these predominantly well heeled, white Europeans, for George Monbiot has an excellent take on these nutters here http://www.monbiot.com/2009/09/29/the-population-myth/
We have our own home-grown version of such a mind-set here in New Zealand, Dr Gareth Morgan. He is a man of humble origins who is very good at maths. I went to school with this guy back in the 1960’s in Putaruru although he was a year ahead of me. We shared a very good maths teacher by the name of Jack Sumich and I guess Morgan soaked up his knowledge like a sponge because he went on to become a very wealthy man (good on him, too) having gained a PhD from Wellington’s Victoria University, worked for the New Zealand Reserve Bank and founding the highly successful economic consultancy firm Infometrics Limited among other things then rising to such a status that he is now called upon by leading news organisations in New Zealand for his take on the country’s and world economic situation. By the way, New Zealand’s version of EBay known as TradeMe was invented by his son Sam with a little help from his mother and sold for an astronomical sum of $750 million to Fairfax News of which Morgan and his wife reputedly received $50 million of that sum which gives you a background perspective of this family and its new money of which they use as generous philanthropists of The Morgan Foundation.
Of course Morgan had a reputation as an outspoken go getter at Putaruru High School and Sumich was a man prepared to whip your hide off with the bamboo cane for serious wrong doing (those were the days of legalised corporal punishment; not this namby pamby age we are now subjected to) and therefore a man to be feared. One wonders whether some of that rough and tough boy mentality from Sumich rubbed off on Morgan for the latter is certainly on record for exhibiting forceful and rambunctious no holds barred views throughout the past few years. Which leads me to his latest rant on his newly created website Cats To Go. He says that cats should be exterminated from New Zealand because they are killing off the native bird life. Naturally, this high-spirited attack has ruffled feathers in the cat fancier’s realm but to me it has highlighted the stupidity that invades a person that has nothing better to do with their time because they have no financial worries and it seems they have a whole lot of time on their hands. You see, up until five or six years ago, Morgan was a sceptic of man induced global warming belittling anyone that dare raise their head above the parapet to suggest there was such a thing (my guess is he didn’t want to bite the hand that fed him). Then, out of the blue, he changes his position and joins up with another global warming alarmist nut, the journalist Rod Oram becoming a pro-climate change nutter going on crusades to Antarctic and sub Antarctic expeditions to save this bird and that insect et al because of evil men pumping CO2 into the earth’s atmosphere out of his exploitative sense of greed. I guess that is the price of money and fame.
There you are. That is what jumped out at me this week in the antipodes.
Hurricane Sandy has caused massive damage on the Eastern Seaboard of the USA over the past few days but not only that, it has also brought out of the wood work the global-warming alarmists who seek to use the disaster’s public attention to pedal their nonsensical and wanton money profiteering clap trap.
Last night New Zealand’s Television One’s News program Close Up interviewed an individual waiting to run the imminent New York Marathon who could not constrain herself from decrying the lack of global-warming coverage by the two Presidential candidates saying Sandy is clear evidence of such. Also the man sacked by the New Zealand Government’s National Institute of Water and Atmospheric Research Dr. Jim Salinger who now pedals his alarmist theory in the USA also lay claim to Sandy being caused directly through the atmosphere being warmed by man’s discharge of CO2. This is blatant propaganda and pure ignorance of information which was released by the UK Meteorological Office and none other than the IPCC headquarters of global warming East Anglia University which both state categorically that there has been no global warming in the atmosphere for the past 16 years. The controversial head of the unit monitoring the earth’s atmosphere, Dr Phil “hide the decline” Jones fobbed the data off as a mere 16 year “plateau” obviously still clinging to the idea that global-warming is still real but just having a break. However, his contempory at Georgia Tech., Prof. Judith Curry, who by-the-way is normally on Prof. Jones’ side, disagrees with him saying the computer modelling used to show global-warming is “deeply flawed”. See this article for the report.
The point I am making is the lengths people will go to in order to promote their propaganda. They seize with relish the opportunity to spew forth what they believe to be true even though it is challenged and denied as truth by those who once spewed forth the tripe themselves.
It is like that when it comes to the Bible and its gospel message. A man who describes himself as one “Circumcised the eighth day, of the stock of Israel, of the tribe of Benjamin, an Hebrew of the Hebrews; as touching the law, a Pharisee; Concerning zeal” went about “persecuting the church; touching the righteousness which is in the law, blameless” (Philippians 3:5-6). His murdering rampage was due because he felt he was abiding in the truth yet after being blinded by the “light from heaven” (Acts 9:3) he conceded he was wrong and that the law of Moses he so passionately defended as being the only law to justify one’s soul is now dead and buried having been “nailed to the cross” (Colossians 2:14). Yet, still, many today want to push the idea that the Old Law plays a part in the justification of one’s soul despite that stalwart apostle’s claim to the contrary: “But before faith came, we were kept under the law, shut up unto the faith which should afterwards be revealed. Wherefore the law was our schoolmaster to bring us unto Christ, that we might be justified by faith. But after that faith is come, we are no longer under a schoolmaster” (Galatians 3:23-25). He uses the adjectives “tutor” and “schoolmaster” to describe the Law of Moses which he says man is no longer subservient to. Paul concluded that the Law of Moses could not put right man’s soul from sin by saying “Therefore we conclude that a man is justified by faith without the deeds of the law” (Romans 3:28).
Folks, those that cling to the Law of Moses to justify their belief are like Dr. Phil “hide the decline” Jones and his false belief that global-warming is still real even though the evidence is against him. Take a leaf out of Prof. Judith Curry’s book and concede like the apostle Paul that the evidence provided by those contrary is “deeply flawed” and get real with the true gospel plan before it is everlasting too late.
A number of sources are reporting the human induced global warming argument is false. Even the British media (not Aunty BBC, though) are begrudgingly reporting it. The Daily Mail reports:
Tree-rings prove climate was WARMER in Roman and Medieval times than it is now – and world has been cooling for 2,000 years
Tree ring study gives first accurate climate reading back to 138BC
World has been slowly cooling for 2,000 years
World was warmer in Roman and Medieval times than it is now
Study of semi-fossilised trees in Finland
Read more: http://www.dailymail.co.uk/sciencetech/article-2171973/Tree-ring-study-proves-climate-WARMER-Roman-Medieval-times-modern-industrial-age.html#ixzz20MBvMkwI
Roger Aronoff writes for Accuracy in Media and has posted an article regarding the hoax that is perpetuated by the global warming alarmist fanatics. Below is an extract and this link Global Warming is a hoax takes you to that article in full.
In a recent article in American Thinker by Randall Hoven, a retired Boeing Technical Fellow who, following a three-year stint in the U.S. Navy, worked at the Johns Hopkins University Applied Physics Laboratory from 1979 to 1982, has laid out the most recent scientific findings on global warming. He uses data from NASA/GISS (Goddard Institute for Space Studies) data going back to 1880, and the Hadley Center from Great Britain which goes back with the data to 1875.
In short, both temperature data sets (NASA and Hadley Center) show:
1. Minimal global warming over the last 130 to 160 years: about half a degree Celsius per century.
2. No statistically significant global warming in the last 14 to 17 years.
3. Global cooling in the last 9 to 13 years.
Monckton at his very best interviews a global warming alarmist as she campaigns against AGW. The interesting thing to note is how trusting this woman is in the Green Peace propaganda on the subject and that she would prefer this campaigning organisation’s version rather than spend 5-10 minutes checking the actual data provided free by the world’s universities.
This poor soul epitomizes the stupidity of warmists and their blind allegiance nay religious fervor to a hypothesis totally lacking in scientific credibility.
Her site contains a speech given recently by Dr Murry Salby. “It’s not just that man-made emissions don’t control the climate, they don’t even control global CO2 levels.”
Well done Professor Salby.
In my research regarding the origin of life it was inevitable that I should tackle organic evolution. The problem with the organic evolution hypothesis is the beginning of all things. The proponents claim there was once nothing then came something but the crux of the problem then becomes how you get something from nothing. Mathematically it is not possible despite the intellectual gymnastics of quantum fluctuations – Whatever! David Darling said it well, “You cannot fudge this by appealing to quantum mechanics. Either there is nothing to begin with, in which case there is no quantum vacuum, no pre-geometric dust, no time in which anything can happen, no physical laws that can effect change from nothingness into somethingness; or there is something, in which case that needs explaining” [On Creating Something From Nothing, New Scientist, vol.151 (Sept 14 1996)].
The graveyard of scientific theories regarding origins is littered with peer reviewed failures that includes the Big Bang and as Sir Fred Hoyle once said “When a pattern of facts becomes set against a theory, experience shows that the theory rarely recovers” [The Big Bang Under Attack, Science Digest, vol 92 (May 1984), p.84].
Of course the proponents of evolution do not limit themselves to origins but also like to meddle in life on Earth. This is readily apparent in today’s world with the topic of discussion being Climate Change, the buzz term for human induced global warming aka Anthropogenic Global Warming (AGW). Most scientists that believe in this hogwash are agnostic at best or simply atheistic. Some have even invented a new religion closely resembling a New Age concept that arose from the dope-smoking, LSD days of the 1960s. Many of them are now in the halls of power around the world and are involved in complex social systems such as environmentalism, multi-culturalism, world federalism, etc. They can be linked to psychological cults such as mental health, self-awareness groups or pseudo-science such as anthropic principles, Gaia hypothesis etc. Many prominent personalities are involved in quasi-religious sects such as Christian Science, etc. They all postulate evolutionism as their scientific rationale that is pantheistic much like the Greeks, Romans and Babylonians espoused mixed with a dose of Hinduism, Buddhism, Taoism, Baha’i, etc. It is important to note that all deny special creation such as the Bible speaks of and all oppose, some vehemently, Biblical Christianity.
With that in mind I was curious of this term ‘Gaia’ and wondered how this fitted into the AGW argument. After all, the term Gaia is supposedly Earth personified as some sort of goddess, you know, ‘Mother Earth’ where she regulates all including humanity within her bounds. It turns out this term was used by Sir James Lovelock, a 1960s throwback whose chemistry career lead him to invent Gaia in 1970. He is one of the original ‘tree-huggers’ that has inspired a political movement that has gone viral ever since. Tim Beardsley writes, “Indeed, Gaia has almost become the official ideology of ‘Green’ parties in Europe: it appeals naturally to scientifically innocent individuals who worry about the environment” [Gaia, Scientific American, vol 261 (Dec 1989), pp.35-36]. I would go so far as to say this type of thinking has infested otherwise sane intellectual people who are ramming their new religion down the throats of objectors without a single thought to the democratic process [cf Aunty BBC article].
Let me present a case in point from a personal perspective. Last year (2010) the Local Body Elections took place in New Zealand during which the group called Transitions Timaru played host to a meet the prospective counsellors’ night. I attended this meeting out of curiosity as it was advertised in the Timaru Herald. The meeting held at Timaru’s Aoraki Polytechnic Campus was attended by Bob Calkin (local man of science that defends climate change as being human induced). I couldn’t help but notice the group consisted mainly of 1960s type people and even made a note that they seemed to spout off a lot of tree-hugging nonsense in their little huddles. Even one of the prospective counsellors had been convinced by this rot (or was he just trying to get their vote, hmm, I wonder?). I could note by the tone of the rhetoric that this Transitions Timaru had organised themselves into a voting bloc in order to influence the local body elections. Well, wouldn’t you know it that is exactly what Gaia inventor James Lovelock proposed in this blurb.
To call environmentalism a cult is an understatement. Many scientists, politicians, and hangers on, as you will see, actively and vocally espouse the tenets of ‘Gaia’. The dangers of such a cult following become apparent when you read of the leading, well recognised advocates’ inner thoughts. ‘Gaia’ is anti-God, anti-Bible and ultimately anti humanity, for its extremes’ advocate a human culling in order to bring equilibrium into the world’s environment. Gaia’s are deeply committed to ‘protecting the earth from humanity’ also known as ‘Deep Ecology’.
Now to some of those well recognised and incredibly influential names that believe in this form of holocaust.
• Dr. Robert Muller. Founder of United Nations University of Peace. He worships Mother Earth and calls her ‘divine Earth’.
• Maurice Strong (Baha’i faith). Once a senior adviser to Kofi Annan (ex UN President whose son was involved in food for oil scam in the 1990s). He developed UN Environment Programme and makes the bold claim that humanity will be extinct in thirty years.
• Sir James Lovelock, the inventor of Gaia. His quote of note is, “By the end of this century the human population will be reduced to a few breeding pairs subsisting near the North Pole.”
• Al Gore (if they have a clergy in Gaia religion then Al would be High Priest). Gore’s claim to fame is his spoilt brat spat at losing the 2002 Presidency of USA to George W. Bush and his now widely acknowledged error riddled film indoctrinating the school children of the world regarding human induced climate change called An Inconvenient Truth. He has also setup Alliance for Climate Protection announcing the need for an ‘army of ten million climate activists.’ He claims the ancients worshipped ‘organised goddess worship’ which was eliminated by Christians in the late 15th century. He wants humanity to get back to this ancient form of worship because ‘armed with such faith, we might find it possible to resanctify the Earth’ (Earth in Balance). Al is not one to let a chance go by for he set up the Chicago Climate Exchange as a hedge-fund for carbon trading (now you see why governments in Europe and tin pot New Zealand adamantly want ETS laws – clever, uhh?).
• Mikhail Gorbachev. Former President of Soviet Union who was instrumental for the abandonment of communist Russia or at least that is what they want it to appear as (have you noticed ex KGB chief Putin is still controlling the strings over there, wink, wink, nod, nod). Gorbachev rubs shoulders with New Age nuts like Shirley Maclaine (Out On A Limb), Dennis Weaver (1960s TV series Gun Smoke), Ted Turner (CNN founder), Jane Fonda (‘Hanoi Jane’ i.e. Vietcong communist sympathiser) and many more. He also has strong ties with Maurice Strong, hence the UN implications.
• Prince Philip, Duke of Edinburgh. A ‘Deep Ecology’ fan, for he said ‘in the event that I am reincarnated, I would like to return as a deadly virus, in order to contribute something to solve over population’ (from his book If I Were an Animal). He is now 90 as I write this so if he gets his wish the ‘deadly virus’ may come sooner than you think for this nut to have his way.
• Steven Schneider is the lead author of many IPCC reports and editor of Scientists on Gaia. He says ‘the Gaia Hypothesis has now become established in mainstream science’. (This is your clue as to why the world’s lame stream media are reporting constantly that the ‘science is settled’ regarding AGW).
• Sir Richard Branson opportunist entrepreneur who launched the Virgin brand. Fabulously wealthy and intellectually brilliant until he met Al Gore, then he came out with this little gem, ‘my views on global warming were changed 180 degrees’. He then launched his Climate Challenge with the prize of $25 million to anyone who can remove CO2 from the atmosphere. The judges for this auspicious completion are Gore, Lovelock and James Hanson (NASA) among others. (Now I said intellectually brilliant to describe Branson but I guess I have to take this back because as any Gaia follower must know CO2 is vital for plants to grow and for humans to expel and I guess that doesn’t inspire much confidence in the judges’ intellect, either).
• Dr Tim Flannery ardent Australian environmentalist/activist/alarmist who has blown a lot of hot CO2 recently regarding the Aussies lack of ETS commitment (maybe we don’t give the Aussie mind-set enough credit regarding this issue – good on ya, mate!)
• Ted Turner, CNN founder who conceived ‘Captain Planet’ the USA children’s enviro propaganda machine and one-time husband to ‘Hanoi Jane’.
If you are still doubtful or now you are even more curious about the political macerations of the Gaia cult, then click on www.green-agenda.com and be further enlightened.
It amazes me that the environmentalists are always crying foul that interest groups such as oil companies, financial institutions etal are behind the so-called climate change deniers, yet here is an article that shows the ‘green movement’ is not above using the same tactics. Not surprising when you realise that the ‘green movement’ is not green after all but rather a cover for Marxist policy; therefore, it should be called the ‘Red Movement’.
Further more here is another article that shows a refreshing side to climate science. Chris De Freitas stands above the insidious human induced climate change tripe – Good on ya, mate!